Monday, March 30, 2009

And we're moving right along!!

So, today I resigned my position as a second grade teacher at Live Oak Elementary. I'll finish out the year and then it will be time for me to move on with my life. Of course, I cried before I did it, but not during and not after, so I am grateful for the peace that the Lord gave me about my decision. My principal ask me today if I wanted to wait and resign after I was for sure that I had a job in the Dallas area. Although I thought this was incredibly generous of her (especially because I know she wants to fill my position with a highly qualified individual), I told her "no, I was leaving regardless to go and be with my husband, job or no job." I also told her that I needed to be faithful to God because I know He will take care of me and that everything will work out for the best. No safety nets here. I think that's the way we are supposed to do things, without expect to have a contingency plan. Sometimes that is easier said than done, but this act of blind faithfulness (which is what it is - BLIND) feels as right as anything else I have done before. I could not have ask for a better job these past 3 years, one that I might add, brought me to my precious fiance, the wonderful man that I am so blessed to marry. So, we'll see where this long, winding road will take me next. I know there are children all over the great state of Texas that need my TLC and that's what they are going to get. I just need to RELAX, take a deep breath, and let the Lord handle this. Besides, Jacob said that he would take care of me if I didn't end up with a job, so maybe I'll just prop my feet up for a while...I am certain I could get used to that. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! I know that was a big step you took today! God will certainly take care of you and provide you with the perfect job! I love you so much and am so excited to see all that He has for you! And I'm so excited that you will be moving closer in just a few short months! I can't wait to have my Abbey again!!

    ReplyDelete