Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whoa! I have a blog!!

Although I would say that I'm somewhat computer savvy, I've definitely never blogged before! So here I am - writing about me! I have to say that the last year of my life has been a roller coaster that has carried me through my niece turning one, my baby sister getting married, meeting that man I am going to marry and now, sitting before me, a big move to the Metroplex!! I wouldn't change a thing about this "roller coaster ride" but wouldn't it be nice to have a pause button to hit so that I could sit down and reflect upon the things that have happened.

I'm getting married in 11 months to the man of my dreams and before that happens I have to say goodbye to my mom and dad (one of the hardest things for me to do), goodbye to my friends and co-workers, goodbye to my precious elementary school and goodbye to the life that I have known here in Austin for 3 years since graduating college. Am I scared? Oh yes, absolutely. Am I worried? You betcha. Am I going to be happier than I could have ever imagined? I am certain of it. Jacob (my precious Fiance) tells me all the time that everything is going to be okay and that we'll make it, and I know he is right. After all, I would never have ever chosen to wind up at Live Oak Elementary School in Austin, Texas where I found the most rambunctious 7 and 8 year olds reared up and ready to give me a run for my money my first year of teaching. But, if God hadn't brought me to Live Oak then I would have never met Jacob, so I know that He has bigger plans for me than I realize. So, with everything that I have been given - a beautiful, loving, healthy family, a great job, a wonderful man who loves me and a set of friends that I consider my second family - I know that I am the luckiest girl in the world. I feel joyful. I feel happy. I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! My love, you have a blog!! I'm so excited! I love you and I love to see you feeling joyful, happy, and blessed! And I love to read your beautiful words...you have a gift for writing! You are so precious to me and I cannot wait to see all that God has for you...for you are more precious to Him than we will ever understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you again and to meet Jacob. You look fabulous! - LOVE looks good on you! I pray God's blessings on your engagement and upcoming marriage.

    ReplyDelete